Roasted Chicken is presented here in a a Kerala style with lots of spices. This is a dry dish with the chicken cooked in steam.
- Chicken Thighs - 6 nos
- Diced Onion - 2 nos
- Diced Tomato - 2 nos
- Green Chilly(Slit) - 6 nos
- Garlic(chopped) -2 ½ tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) -2 ½ tbsp
- Chily powder-1 tbsp
- Corriander Powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Fennelseed powder -½ tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil-3 -4 tbsp
- Water- ¼ cup
- Salt -to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Add onions, green Chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Saute Onions till it turns transparent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté well.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add chicken pieces, garam masala, fennelseed powder, pepper powder, water and salt into it.
- Slow down the flame, cover the pan and let it cook.
- Add Curry leaves when the chicken cooks well.
- Turn off the stove when the gravy becomes thick.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Chappathi / Rice/ Appam, Fried