Rava upma is a South Indian dish. .It is very easy to cook.
- Roasted Rava (Semolina) - 1 cups
- Finely chopped Onion - ½ cup
- Grated Cocount - ¼ cup
- Finely chopped green chillies - 3 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Red Chillies- 2 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Heat Oil in the pan .
- Add Mustard seeds, Red Chillies and wait for them to splutter.
- Add green chilies, curry leaves , ginger and onion and fry till translucent.
- Add Salt, water and grated coconut and let it boil .
- Add rava gradually into it.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps forming.
- Low the flame and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes.