Yet another flavour of the deliciuos Malayalee breakfast. The main ingredient is Rava, otherwise known as Semolina. The preparation method is similar to Rice Puttu.
- Roasted Rava -1 cup
- Grated Coconut -¼ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Water- as required to make the powder wet .
- Chiratta/ Chirattu Puttu mould
- Add salt to the roasted Rava gently to make a mixture.
- Sprinkle water on the Rava, little at a time and mix the flour.
- Repeat sprinkling water till the flour is wet.
- Place a pot shapped utensil on the stove.
- Fill half the utensil with water and boil the water.
- Put a hole in the coconut shell (chiratta) and place it on the top of the utensil .
- Put some grated coconut in it, and fill the shell with the flour and put some grated coconut on the top .
- Steam in a vessel for 10 minutes and serve hot.