Rasam is a spicy watery curry also served as a soup.
The main ingredients include Tomato, Tamarind Juice and other hot spices.
- Tomato- 2 nos
- Garlic (crushed) - 1 nos
- Tamarind - A gooseberry sized ball
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Corriander Powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds (crushed) – ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves - a few
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 nos
- Coconut oil - 1 tsps
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of warm water and take the extract from it.
- Squeeze Tomato and add it to the tamarind juice.
- Add Chilly powder, Corriander powder, Crushed Garlic, Asafoetida, Crushed Cumin seeds, Pepper powder.
- Mix them well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- Add the Rasam mixture into the pan and let it boil till tomato cooks well.
- Remove from the fire and add curry leaves.