Potato podimas is a famous Indian dish.It is good for health.Potatoes are an excellent source of carbohydrates, the body's best energy source.Potatoes are fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free and saturated fat free.
It is a simple, gravy-less dish that doesn’t require much oil.
- Potato - 4 nos
- Sliced Onion(length wise)- 1 nos
- Slit Green chillies - 5 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Black gram(Uzhunnuparippu) - ½ tsp
- Bengal gram(Kadalaparippu) - ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Red chillies- 2 - 3 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water- ¼ cup
- Salt - as required
- Boil potatoes ,Peel skin and mash them and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Put Mustrard seeds and red chillies and allow to Splutter
- Fry black gram, Bengal gram, curry leaves,.
- Add sliced onion and green chillies and saute well till it turns transparent.
- Add water,salt,turmeric powder and let it boil.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Cook it for a few mins until the water dries up.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Chappathi