Red gram is a protein rich staple food. It is easy to digest.
Parippu Vada is a deep fried snack.
- Red Gram or Toor daal - 1 cup
- Finely chopped Shallot - 7 -8 nos
- Finely chopped Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Red Chilly - 3 nos
- Curry Leaves - 1 stem
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak daal for 3 hours.
- Wash and Grind the Daal.
- Mix Chopped shallot,Chopped Ginger,Red chilly,Curry leaves and salt with Grinded daal.
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Take small amount of the mixture and make a ball.
- Flatten the ball in to a round shape using hand.
- When the oil is hot put each one slowly and fry both sides to a golden brown colour.