Paneer is also known as Indian cheese.
Palak Paneer is a thick gravy curry which is prepared by cooking Paneer cubes with Spinach, Onion and Tomato.
- Spinach - ½ lb or 250 gm
- Paneer - 125 gm or ¼ lb
- Chopped Onion - 1 nos
- Chopped Tomato - 1 large
- Chopped Green Chilly - 3 nos
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1tsp
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seed – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cut Paneer into cubes and lightly fried till brown.
- Put Spinach in boiling water for 2 min.
- mash it in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seed and let it splutter.
- Add onions and green chilly and fry till golden brown.
- Add turmeric and ginger garlic paste , corriander powder,garam masala pwder, and red chili powder.
- Add tomato puree and salt and cook for 5- 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the spinach and cook till oil seperates.
- Add Paneer pieces to the gravy and and cook in low fire for 3 -4 minutes.