Padavalanga Thoran is a tasty dish. It is a combination of cooked vegetable and toor dal.
Snake gourd,Toor Dal and Grated Coconut are the main ingredients for this thoran.
- Chopped Snake gourd/Padavalanga - 2 Cup
- Toor Dal/Thuvaraparippu -¼ cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut-3/4 cup
- Cumin Seed - ¼ tsp
- Garlic -2 nos
- Urad dal/Black gram - 1 tsp
- Mustared Seed- 1 tsp
- Red Chilly - 2 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Soak Toor dal in water for 15 minutes(for easy cook).
- Cook the Chopped Padavalanga and toor dal with Turmeric powder, salt and little water.
- Crush Grated Coconut, Cumin seed, Garlic and Chilly powder.
- Once the Padavalanga and toor dal is cooked well, add Crushed Coconut mix.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red chilly and let it splutter.
- Add Urad dal and fry it.
- Once Urad Dal becomes brown add Thoran and Curry leaves.
- Stir well and slow down the flame and cook it for 2 mins.