Olan is a Kerala dish. It is prepared from pumpkin/winter melon, Black eyed beans(Van payaru)
in coconut milk.
Olan is usually served as part of a Sadhya.
- Wintermelon(Cut into cubes) - 1 cup
- Black eyed beans(Vanpayar) -2 tbsp
- Green chilly(Slit) - 5 nos
- Thick coconut milk- ½ cup
- Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Cook Beans in a pressure cooker.
- Add Wintermelon, Chilly and salt in to it.
- Cook the vegetables along with Beans.
- Add Coconut milk and bring to boil for 2 mins.
- Turn off the flame
- Add coconut oil and curry leaves.