Mushrooms are very low in carbohydrates.
It is a good source of niacin containing as much as in meat .
Mushroom thoran is made up of Mushroom, Onion, Coconut and Masala.
- Sliced mushroom- - 2 cup
- Onion(Chopped)- 1 nos
- Green Chilly(roundly cut)-2 nos
- Chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Corriander Powder- ½ tsp
- Aniseed(Perimjeerakam) Powder- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Pepper Powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut-¼ cup
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Heat oil in a pan and allow mustard seeds and Red chilly to splutter.
- Add Chopped Onion, Green Chilly into it and saute well.
- When Onion turns transparent add sliced mushroom along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook well.(no need to add water)
- Crush Grated Coconut, Aniseed(Perimjeerakam) Powder, Corriander powder and Chilly Powder.
- Once the mushroom cooked well and water dries up, add Crushed Coconut mix.
- Add Pepper powder and mix well.
- Remove thoran from the fire after 2 minutes.
- Add Curry leaves and mix well.