Muringakka Thoran is a dry dish. It is prepared using cut Drumsticks with grated coconut.
- Drumstick Cuts - 1 cup
- Chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut- ¼ cup
- Cumin Seed - ¼ tsp
- Garlic -1 nos
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Black gram -1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Crush Grated Coconut, Cumin seed, Garlic and Chilly Powder.
- Cook Drumstick along with turmeric powder, salt in little water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook well.
- Once the Drumstick cooked well and water dries up, add Crushed Coconut mix.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red chilly and let it splutter.
- Add Black gram and fry it.
- Once Black gram becomes brown add Thoran and Curry leaves.
- Stir well and slow down the flame and cook it for 2 min