It is a dry dish, a common fish dish in Kerala.
The main ingredients are Sardine, grated Coconut and chopped Onion with Kudampuli.
- Sardine – 10 nos
- Shallots/pearlonion – 10 nos
- Green Chilly - 6 nos
- Finely chopped Ginger- ½ tsp
- Finely chopped Garlic- ½ tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
- Kudampuli - 2-3 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves -1 stem
- Soak kudampuli in water.
- Slice green chilly and pearl onion.
- Cut the fish into small pieces.
- Cook the fish along with salt, kudampuli and turmeric Powder in little water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook .
- Mix the grated coconut, chilly powder, corriander powder, sliced green chilly, chopped ginger and garlic and pearl onion.
- Squeeze this mixture very well with hand.
- When the fish is cooked well,add this coconut mix and mix well.
- Add Fenugreek powder, Curry leaves and Coconut Oil and mix well.
- Remove from fire till water in the fish fully dries up like a thoran.