Mathanga Pachadi is made of cooked Pumpkin and Green Chilles added in Coconut paste and Curd.
- Chopped Pumpkin - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Green chillies(roundly cut) - 4 nos
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Curd - 2 cup
- Turmeric powder - -¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 nos
- Fenugreek Powder- a pinch
- Water - ¼ cup
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt - to taste
- Oil -1 tsp
- Cook Chopped Pumpkin and Green Chilly in water along with salt and turmeric powder.
- Mash the cooked Pumpkin with a spoon.
- Grind the coconut and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked Pumpkin and allow to boil.
- When it starts boil,turn off the stove and allow to cool.
- Add Curd to the mixture and stir well.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- Add this to pachadi.
- Sprinkle Fenugreek Powder, Curry leaves and mix well.