Lemon rice is popular in south India. It is prepared by adding Lemon Juice in Cooked rice and seasoned with pulses.
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chopped Green Chillies - 1 tsp
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Gingely oil - 1 tbsp
- Red chilles - 2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Broken cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Chopped corriander leaves - 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook rice and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilly and let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and chana dal and fry it.
- Once urad dal becomes golden colour add cashew nut and fry it.
- Add asafoetida,turmeric powder, green chilly, ginger and curry leaves into the oil and turn off the stove.
- Slowly add rice into it and mix.
- Add Lemon juice in to the rice and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve.