Tindora contains Carbohydrates, Fibre, Vitamins and Minerals. It is a good source of nutrients too.
Tindora thoran is made up of Tindora and Coconut.
- Chopped Tindora - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - ¼ cup
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Black gram -1 tsp
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Curry leaves - few
- Cook Tindora with turmeric powder and salt in little water.
- Crush Coconut ,Chilly powder and add to cooked Tindora and mix it well.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red chilli and let it splutter.
- Add Black gram and fry it.
- Once Black gram becomes brown add Cooked Tindora and Curry leaves.
- Stir well and slow down the flame and cook it for 2 mins.