Prawns cooked with fried coconut paste.It is similar to regular theeyal. Here we use prawns as the ingredient instead of vegetables.
- Cleaned Shrimp - 1 cup
- Sliced shallots(Pearl Onion) - 15 nos
- Slit Green Chilly- 6 nos
- Sliced Coconut - ¼ cup
- Grated Coconut- 1 cup
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder- a pinch
- kudampuli - 2-3 pieces
- Curry Leaves - a few
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan add Grated coconut and saute till brown.
- Add chilly powder and coriander powder and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Grind it to a fine paste.
- Soak kudampuli in water..
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add sliced onions, Green Chilly and saute,
- Add Shrimp, sliced Coconut, Turmeric Powder, kudampuli, salt and water,let it cook.
- Add coconut paste and let it to boil till the gravy thickens and oil seperates.
- Remove from the fire and add curry leaves.
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well.