Kaya Bajji is a common Snack in South India.It is tea time snack.It is easy to make and very tasty.
For Kaya Bajji plantain slice dip in batter and is deep fried in Oil.
- Raw plantain(Bajji Kaya) -2 nos
- Gram Flour- ½ cup
- Maida - 1 tbsp
- Rice Flour -½ cup
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida Powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - for frying
- Water- required to make batter
- Mix the Rice Flour, Gram Flour, Maida, Red Chilli Powder, Asafoetida powder and salt with water to make a thick batter.
- Heat Oil in a pan. .
- Peel off the skin and slice the plantain.
- Dip each slice into batter and put it into the hot oil.
- Fry both the sides until it turns golden brown.