Kappa is an inexpensive and an excellent source of dietary fiber and carbohydrates . Kappa and Fish curry is one of the most popular dishes of Kerala.
- Kappa(Tapioca) -1Kg or 2lb
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seed- ¼ tsp
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp or green chilly -2 nos
- Garlic - 2 nos
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil- 2 tsp
- Water- required for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Peal the kappa and slice into small pieces.
- Boil the kappa with salt, turmeric and water.
- Drain the water when it becomes soft.
- Crush together grated coconut, garlic, cumin seed and chilly.
- Add the crushed couconut mix in cooked kappa and mix well.
- Mash the kappa with a spoon.
- Add the coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well.