Idiyappam is a popular breakfast in kerala. It is also called Noolputtu made of rice flour,salt and water.
- Roasted rice flour (idiappam podi) - 2 cups
- Boiled Water - 2 cups
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- ghee 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Add boiled water, ghee and salt to the flour and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide it into small balls and keep aside.
- Put some grated coconut into the idli/I diyappam stand
- Put one portion of the dough into idiappam press.
- Press out the dough to each of the iddiappam/idli stands.
- Steam for about 10 minutes till the idappam is cooked.