Greenpeas is very rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.
This is a thick gravy curry made of green peas and is good for Roti and Chappathi.
- Green Peas - 1 cup
- Diced onions - ¼ cup
- Chopped tomato -1 no
- Green Chilly(slit) -3
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Grated coconut -½ cup
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder-½ tsp
- Fennel seed powder - 1 tsp
- Sliced shallots - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly -2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Soak green peas in water for 4 hours .
- Cook soaked green peas with onions, turmeric powder and water in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistle.
- Grind grated coconut, chilly powder and corriander powder into paste .
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustrard seeds and red chillies and curry leaves in to it, allow to Splutter.
- Add sliced shallot and fry it.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add cooked green peas along with salt and grounded paste.
- Add fennel seed powder into it and boil till the gravy is thick.