Ghee roast is prepared by roasting dosa in ghee.
Ghee roast is wafer thin and crispy and is good to serve hot with Chuttney.
- Raw Rice -1 ½ cups
- Urad Daal - ½ cup
- Water - as required
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Soak rice and Urad daal separately for 5 hours.
- Grind rice and daal separately with water very finely.
- Mix together rice, dal and salt.
- Add water and stir well to form a loose batter.
- Keep it overnight to ferment.
- Pour one spoon full of batter on a frying pan as thin as possible.
- Pour 2 tsp Ghee on it.
- When one side is golden brown, make a Cut from the centre of the Dosa to the outer corner and roll it over to make a cone shape.