Ethappazham Pachadi is typically made of cooked Ethappazham and Green Chilles added in Coconut paste and Curd.
It tastes sweet and sour.
- Ripened Banana(Finely chopped) - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Green chillies(roundly cut) - 4 nos
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Curd - 2 cup
- Turmeric powder - -¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 nos
- Sliced Shallot - 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek Powder- a pinch
- Water - ¼ cup
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut Oil -1 tsp
- Cook Chopped Banana and Green Chilly in water along with salt and turmeric powder.
- Mash the cooked banana with a spoon.
- Grind the coconut and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked Ethappazham .
- When it starts boil,turn off the stove and allow to cool.
- Add Curd to the mixture and stir well.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- Add sliced shallot and fry it.
- Pour the seasoning over the pachadi and add Curry leaves .
- Sprinkle Fenugreek Powder and mix well.