We prepare this thoran by using Raw Banana skin and black-eyed beans.
This delicious Thoran is a Kerala dish. Its a dry dish.
- Blackeyed Beans(Van payar) - ½ cup
- Chopped Banana skin - 2 cup
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Garlic pods - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 3 nos
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Cook Beans in a Pressure cooker with water for 3 -4 whistle.
- Put chopped Banana skin in water for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and squeeze Banana skin from water.
- Cook BAnana skin along with the cooked beans, Turmeric powder and Salt.
- Crush Coconut, Cumin seed, Chilly Powder and Garlic.
- When the banana skin is cooked well and water dries up, add Coconut mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from fire.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- When it starts to splutter, add the Urad dal and fry it.
- Add Thoran and Curry leaves and stir for a minute and remove from fire.