Ethakka Appam / Pazham Pori is a term used for fried plantain in Kerala. It is a very popular snack among Keralites.
Banana is usually dipped in sweetened wheat flour batter and then fried in Coconut or Vegetable Oil.
- Ripened banana - 2 nos
- Maida / all purpose flour - 1cup
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Besan flour / kadalamaavu- 2 tbsp
- Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Water- required to make the batter
- Oil -for frying
- Peel and Cut the banana into 2 pieces.
- Slice each piece again into 3 equal pieces of same thickness.
- Make a thick batter by mixing together the flour, sugar and salt with little water.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Dip the banana slices in the batter and put it in the hot Oil.
- Fry it till both the sides turn in golden colour.