Diamond cuts are polular tea time snack. We can easily prepare this by adding fried maida cuts into sugar syrup.
- All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 1 cups
- Hot Water - ½ cup
- Butter or oil - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Oil - for frying.
- Mix Oil or Butter, Salt and Flour.
- Slowly add warm water.
- Knead the dough with hands gently until it becomes soft and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Make the dough into Small balls and roll as Chappathi.
- Cut this into small diamonds.
- Heat oil in a Pan.Deep fry these pieces till golden colour.
- Remove from Oil and let it cool.
- Dissolve Sugar in 1 ½ cups water.
- Boil this syrup in a vessel, stirring constantly till one-thread consistency is reached.
- Add fried diamond cuts into it and stir them well.
- Allow them to cool.
- When it completly cools store them in tight conatiners.