Curd Rice is easily prepared by simply mixing boiled rice and curd.It is then seasoned with fried chopped green chillies, ginger, and curry leaves.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Curd - 2 cups
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped Green chillies - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Urad Dal- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Red chilly-2 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt to taste
- Oil/Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cook Rice and allow it to cool.
- Pour milk into cooled rice and mix well.
- Add the Curd and Salt to the rice and mix well.
- Heat Oil/Ghee in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red chilly and let it splutter.
- Add Urad dal and fry it.
- Once Urad dal becomes golden colour add Asafoetida, Green Chilly, Ginger and Curry leaves into the oil and turn off the stove.
- Pour this seasoning in the Curd rice and mix well.