Puttu is a speciality of kerala cuisine and a favourite breakfast of keralites.This is considered as a healthier breakfast .It is rich in Nutrients & Vitamins.
Puttu is made of Rice Flour and Grated Coconut in steam.
- Raw rice flour -1 cup
- Grated Coconut -¼ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Water- as required
- Coconut Shell or Chiratta
- In a pan, add rice flour and dry roast lightly. Stirring continuously. The white color of the rice flour should change very lightly.
- Allow the powder to cool.
- Add salt to the roasted flour gently to make a mixture.
- Sprinkle water on the rice flour, little at a time and mix the flour.
- Repeat sprinkling water till the flour is wet.
- Place a pot shapped utensil on the stove. Fill half the utensil with water and allow to boil .
- Put a hole in the coconut shell (chiratta) and place it on the top of the utensil .
- Put some grated coconut in it, and fill the shell with the mixture and put some grated coconut on the top .
- Steam in a vessel for 10 minutes and serve hot.