Chicken Stew can serve as a delicious combination with Appam, Idiappam or Chappathi.
- Boneless Chicken pieces - 1 lb
- Diced Onion - 1 nos
- Diced Carrot - ½ cup
- Diced Potato - ½ cup
- Green Chilly(Slit) - 6 nos
- Garlic(chopped) -1 tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) -1 tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick - 2 inch
- Cardamom - 3 nos
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Bay leaves -2 nos
- Fennelseed powder(perinjeerakam) -½ tsp
- Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
- Thick Coconut Milk-1 cup
- Salt -to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Water required to cook
- Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Put Cardamom, Cinnamon, cloves Bayleaves and fry it
- Add onions, green Chillies, ginger and garlic .
- Saute till Onion turns transparent.
- Add chicken pieces and saute for a minute.
- Add Potato,Carrot along with water and salt into it.
- Cover the pan and let it cook.
- When the chicken cooks well, add Fennelseed powder and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add Coconut milk and let it boil.
- When it starts boil,turn off the stove and add Curry leaves.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Appam / Idiyappam / Chappathi