Cutlets are prepared as vegetable or non-vegetable patties fried in oil.
Chicken cutlet is made by adding minced cooked chicken made as a patty and fried in oil.
The snack is good to be served hot during tea time or as an appetizer.
- Boneless Chicken -500 g or 1 lb
- Potatoes -2 big
- Onion(chopped) -2 nos
- Chopped Ginger -1 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly (chopped) -3 nos
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Corriander powder - ½ tsp
- Chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Bread Crumbs - 3 cup
- Egg -2 nos
- Curry Leaves-few
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and with turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder and water.
- Mince the cooked chicken and keep aside.
- Cook Potato, peel and mash well and keep aside .
- Heat oil in a Pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chillies, chopped curry leaves and chopped onion and saute till the onion become light brown in colour.
- Add chilly powder, corriander powder and garam masala powder and saute for a minute.
- Add minced chicken and mashed potatoes and stir well.
- Remove the mix from fire and allow to cool .
- Make small balls from this mix and flatten them.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Dip the flattened patties in it and roll them in bread crumps.
- Slide each of the patties in hot oil and fry them till it turns golden brown on both sides.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Tomato sauce.