This is a hot and spicy kerala Chicken Curry .
- Whole Chicken(Small Pieces) - 500g or 1 lb
- Diced Onion - 1 cup
- Diced Tomato - 1 nos
- Green Chilly(Slit) - 4 nos
- Ginger-Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
- Chily powder-1½ tbsp
- Corriander Powder-2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Pepper Powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard Seed -1 tsp
- Red chilly- 3 nos
- Sliced pearl onion - 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Water- 1 ½ cup
- Salt -to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions, green chillies and saute well, till they turn transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste in to it and saute for sometime.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala, stir well till raw smell goes.
- Add chicken and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add water, turmeric powder and salt and allow to cook.
- When chicken is fully cooked add tomato and allow to boil .
- Turn off the flame when the gravy gets thicker.
- Heat oil in a pan put mustrard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves in to it, allow to Splutter.
- Add sliced pearl onion into it and fry it.
- Add this into the chicken curry and mix.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Appam, Pathiri, Chappathi, Rice