Cherupayar Curry is typical Kerala dish made with Moong Dal .
Cherupayar is good for health.
- Green gram/ moong dal/ cherupayar - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Garlic -1 nos
- Cumin seed -¼ tsp
- Water - 3 cup
- Coconut Oil- 1tsp
- Curry leaves-a few
- Cook moong dal along with turmeric powder and water.
- Grind the coconut, garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked moong dal along with salt and little water and allow to boil.
- When it starts boil, turn off the stove.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Chappathi , Puttu.