Cooked Prawns in thick Masala Gravy prepared in a traditional Kerala style.
- Prawns(Cleaned) - 1 lb
- Sliced Onion- 1 no
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
- Green chillies(Slit) - 4 nos
- Grated Coconut - ¼ cup
- Fish Tamarind (kudam puli) - 2 nos
- Redchilli powder - 1½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Garam masala Powder- 1tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Soak kudampuli in water.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan add Grated coconut and saute till brown.
- Add ½ tsp chilly powder and ½ tsp coriander powder and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add sliced Onions, Green Chilly and saute, till they turn golden brown colour.
- Add the 1 tsp chilli Powder ,1 ½ tsp Corriander Powder, Turmeric Powder and the Garam masala and stir well till raw smell goes.
- Add the prawns, kudampuli, salt and little water to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook in medium heat.
- Once the prawns are cooked add the coconut paste and let it boil .
- Once the gravy is thickened, add curry leaves and remove from fire.