Cheera or Spinach is a leafy vegetable which is a rich source of iron.
- Chopped Spinach/Cheera(Leaves and Stem) - 2 cup
- Red chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Shallot -2 nos
- Raw Mango - ¼ of a mango
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- It is prepared using cooked Cheera with Coconut paste. We can use Mango or Curd instead of Tamarind syrup for sourness. (If you are using curd, add it just before removing the dish from the stove - do not boil curd).
- Cook Chopped Spinach in water along with Chilly powder, Turmeric Powder and Salt.
- Grind together Coconut and Shallot to paste.
- When Spinach is cooked well add Mango cuts and cook for few minutes.
- Add Coconut paste into it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from Fire and add Coconut Oil and mix well.