Chappathi is the traditional Indian bread, It can be eaten at any meal of the day usually eaten with curries or cooked vegetables. It is made from wheat flour, cooked on a tawa.
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups
- Hot Water - 1 cup
- Ghee or oil - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix Oil or Ghee, Salt and Flour.
- Slowly add warm water.
- Knead the dough with hands gently until it becomes soft and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Make the dough into Small balls.
- The dough is rolled out into thin discs with help of dry flour .
- Heat a flat pan or Tava
- Place the chappathis in the hot tava and cook until both the sides turns to golden brown.