Channa Masala is a rich thick gravy curry .Its prepared by cooking Channa / Garbanzo
with Onion and Tomato.
This dish is commonly served with Battura.
- Channa /Garbanzo - 1 cup
- Chopped Onion - 1 nos
- Chopped Tomato - 2 nos
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin seed - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped corrinader leaves
- Add the chopped tomatoes in a blender and make it a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Soak Channa / Garbanzo in water for 6 hours .
- Cook soaked Channa/ Garbanzo with turmeric powder and Water in a pressure cooker for 5 -6 whistle(We can use canned garbanzo also).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin seed and let it splutter.
- Add onions and saute well, till they turn transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste into it and saute for sometime.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powderand garam masala, stir well for few minutes..
- Add totmato paste and cook till the oil separates.
- Add cooked channa/canned garbanzo, Salt and a cup of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 mins on medium heat.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.