Cauliflower thoran is a dry dish.
This thoran is prepared by cooking Cauliflower, Onion, sliced Coconut together with roasted coconut (powdered).
- Cauliflower(florets) -1½ cup
- Diced onions - ¼ cup
- Green Chilly(slit) -3
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Grated coconut -½ cup
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Corriander powder-1 tsp
- Aniseed - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly -2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Soak Cauliflower in hot water with a pinch of Turmeric powder for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and wash Cauliflower in cold water.
- Cook Cauliflower in little water along with onions,sliced coconut, Green Chilly, Turmeric powder and Salt.
- Heat a pan, add Grated coconut and saute till brown.
- Add chilly, coriander powder, Aniseed and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Grind the roasted coconut.
- Add this coconut powder to cooked cauliflower and mix well and cook it for few minutes..
- When the water dries up completely remove the thoran from fire.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies and Curry leaves in to it, allow to Splutter.
- Add Thoran, stir well and remove from fire.