Capsicum is often an ignored vegetable, which could be used to prepare a varitey of dishes.
One amongst them is the Thoran. Its again a time saver and a quick winner.
- Capsicum(Chopped) - 2 nos
- Grated coconut - ¼ Cup
- Garlic - 1 nos
- Cumin Seed -¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Urad Daal- 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Curry Leaves -few
- Put capsicum in a pan along with turmeric powder and salt .
- Close the pan with a lid and slow down the fire.
- Cook the capsicum in steam.(cook without water)
- Crush coconut, garlic and cumin seed and add to cooked capsicum and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilli and let it splutter.
- Add urad daal and fry it.
- Add cooked capsicum and curry leaves.
- Stir well and slow down the flame and cook it for 2 mins