Mackerel is a rich, oily fish, and as such is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and other serious illnesses. Mackerel is an abundant source of vitamin.
Kerala Mackerel Curry is a hot and Spicy Curry cooked with kudampuli.
- Mackrel – 500gm or 1 lb
- Sliced Shallots – 8 nos
- Green Chilly(Slit) -4 nos
- Chopped Ginger - ½ tsp
- Chopped Garlic - ½ tsp
- Kudam Puli(Kukum star)-4nos
- Corriander powder – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
- Water -¼ cup
- Coconut Oil – 3 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add Shallots/ Onions, Chilly, Chopped Ginger- Garlic and saute until the Onion turns transparent.
- Add Chilly Powder and Corriander Powder into it and stir well till the raw smell goes.
- Add Water,Salt,Kudam Pui and Turmeric Powder and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- When the Gravy gets thick add the fish .
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from fire.
- Sprinkle Fenugreek powder and add Curry leaves and remaining Coconut Oil.