Achappam is a Kerala snack. It is prepared using a special mould (Achappam mould). The mould is dipped in the batter and fried in Oil.
Beat the eggs and sugar well.
- Raw rice powder -2 cup
- Sugar(powdered) - 6 tbsp
- Thick Coconut milk - ¼ cup
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Cumin seed - ½ tsp
- Sesame seed - ½ tsp
- Salt - pinch
- Oil for frying
- Mix together rice powder, Salt and beaten egg.
- Add Codonut Milk, Sesame seed, Cumin seed and mix to make a batter.(like dosa batter)
- (add little water if the batter is thick)
- Heat the oil and dip the achappam mould.
- Once the mould is hot enough, dip 3/4th of mould into the batter.
- Dip it in oil again and shake the mould so that the achappams will come out easily.
- When it turns golden brown, turn and cook the other side and remove from Oil