Butterfish or Pomfret is popularly known as Aavoli in Kerala. It is marinated and fried in oil to make a tasty fry dish.
- Butter Fish/ Avoli - 5 nos
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Garlic pods -2 - 3 nos
- Ginger - A small piece
- Shallots - 2
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Clean the Fish and make diagonal slits through the fish .
- Grind the chilly powder, turmeric powder,garlic, ginger, shallot, pepper powder, curry leaves and salt.
- Marinate the fish with the mix and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Fry the fish on both sides over a low fire.